The conferences of Isabelle and Moïra
Isabelle and Moïra are two experienced conference speakers and they are regularly invited to talk about parenting stress and parental burnout. Not only do they both give keynote lectures at scientific conferences, but also they speak in many public conferences and webinars for parents, psychologists, doctors, companies, schools, hospitals, and non-profit associations more broadly. In particular, they have given more than a hundred public lectures over the last two years.
For which institutions
Typically, they are invited to give lectures in very different types of institutions: companies, large public institutions such as the European Council, parents’ associations, municipalities or counties, or institutions dealing with infants, children, or teenagers.
The key topics of the conferences
More specifically, Moïra and Isabelle mainly intervene on the following subjects:
-Parental exhaustion and burnout
-The challenges of parenthood
-Parenting in the 21st century
-Raising healthy children without burning out
-The counterproductive effects of the Cult of Childhood
-Why aiming to be a perfect parent is bad for our children
-Why do Western parents feel more exhausted than African and Asian parents
In particular, the two most demanded conferences are the following ones:
Parents on the brink I: From parenting stress to parental burnout
The key topics Isabelle and Moïra cover in this conference are:
- Parenting as both a rewarding and stressful job;
- Macrosocial factors and recent evolutions that have increased parental investment, pressure on parents and parenting stress;
- When too much stress and pressure lead to parental exhaustion: what is parental exhaustion? When do we speak of parental burnout? (symptoms);
- Is parental exhaustion only in the head? How does it affect the body?
- Prevalence of parental burnout across the world
- Consequences of parental exhaustion and burnout on the parent, the child(ren), and the spouse;
- Causes of parental exhaustion and burnout (and myth about causes); the notion of (im)balance between parenting-related stressors and resources;
- Prevention and treatment of parental exhaustion/burnout.
Parents on the brink II: Concrete tips to prevent parental burnout or get out of it
In this conference Moïra and Isabelle cover the following key topics:
- My own parenting balance (my own risk and resource factors)
- General rationale behind parenting stress and exhaustion
- Parenting perfectionism
- Parenting practices
- Stress-management abilities
- Time, Space, and Identity management
- Increasing environmental support
- Where to start? Selecting priorities
Conferences and more
Beyond conferences, Isabelle and Moïra also give workshops and training.
Reach out! If you are interested in inviting them to participate in keynote lectures, conferences, or webinars about parenting stress, parental burnout, and other related topics, please get in touch via the contact form below.